Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 18 - 19

It's a boy!!

We had an ultrasound last Tuesday (June 7th). The ultrasound tech confirmed we are having another boy (to Richard's disappointment).
Christian is very happy. He wanted a little brother and insists we still name him "Red Guy". Although he randomly picked names using an App on my phone. His choices: Cortez and Alexzander. A step above "Red Guy", I think.
Although I was hoping for a little girl, I'm actually relieved it's a boy. I'm scared of preteen girls. I think boys are so much easier. Plus I won't have to buy any clothes.
Richard is convinced the umbilical cord was in the way. :) I told him if we can swing me being a Stay At Home Mom, I would consider a third one. He said, "no way." :)
Although he is disappointed, he quickly picked a name (the first boy's name he's suggested) and I actually really like it too. It's at the top of our list. And of course, we're not telling....



Christian and I along with my sister Kim and nephew Jack drove to Tennessee this week. Christian's longest car trip to date (16 hours one way for us). He did very well considering he isn't a stellar traveler. He is absolutely enamored with Jack. Even this morning, back in Minnesota, he asked when we were going to Jack's house. =) I really enjoyed spending the time with Kim who I don't see nearly enough. And I was shocked we didn't fight once. I still think of us as kids sometimes. And this was the first car trip we didn't fight on. But it's been probably 10 years since we traveled together.


And as with my first pregnancy, I had to travel during it. Although this time I'm only 4 1/2 months pregnant. I think I was 6 months pregnant with Christian when Molly and I went to New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment