Only 10 more weeks to go!
In the last 2 weeks, I've been battling terrible acid reflux and back pain. Playing on the floor with Christian is extremely painful once I get up. I have to sit on a pillow to sit on the floor and limit the time to 10 minutes or less.
The new doctor visit was frustrating and overwhelming and a little scary. Since I'm a new patient, they treated me like I just found out I was pregnant with my first child instead of being pregnant for 8 months with my second baby. But I suppose they don't know my history and I suppose there are people out there who don't follow the simple guidelines of no smoking or drinking. I did tell the nurse I don't eat red meat or seafood, and she still went over what kinds of fish I can eat. sigh... The doctor went over my health history as expected and then listened to the baby's heartbeat. She heard the baby's heart skip a beat every once in awhile, so they hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor. Christian was so good during this who process. Patient and well behaved.
Every time the baby stopped moving, his heart would skip a beat (he moves a lot!). So the doctor wanted me to see a fetal heart specialist and have a second ultrasound. Then she asked if I had any questions. I had a ton of questions about the hospital and delivery and practices and I forgot about them all because all I could think about was my baby's heart.
Six days later I saw the specialist. The ultrasound was amazing as I only had one ultrasound with Christian at 19 weeks. The specialist was great and explained everything to me. The baby's heart is skipping a beat, but it's in the upper chambers which is pretty common. It should be gone before he is born. However, he is concerned about the baby's size. He's in the 17th percentile for size. So I have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Hopefully Half will pile on the weight before then.
My last frustration with my doctor is scheduling appointments. I was suppose to see her in 4 weeks from my last appointment, but they couldn't get me in for 5. What is going to happen when I have to see her weekly?! I almost switched clinics and doctors. If it wasn't for the specialist appointments, I would have. Richard suggested I make all my appointments at my next visit since I don't have anything I really have to work around in my schedule.
So that is what is new....
No comments:
Post a Comment