Groan....
I have my first official pregnancy cold. Although it is in reality a full blown sinus infection.
My nose is so stuffed up, I can only breath through my mouth. Which means when I eat, I have to hold my breath while I chew and chew with my mouth open. My nose is beat red from blowing it. And when I do blow it, I can only breath for 2 seconds before it clogs up again. sigh.
And of course, since I'm pregnant, there are absolutely no drugs I can take to decongest. The doctor said I could take a Sudefed, but at this stage of my pregnancy it would be better if I could resist. I can use nasal spray, but only once every 12 hours and no more than 3 days in a row. I can hardly wait until my antibiotics kick in.
And I also have to sleep sitting up otherwise the snot and phlegm just drains down my thoat. Monday night I actually woke up choking on my own mucus. Pretty gross.
I hope this is the only cold I have during this pregnancy. This is rough.
No comments:
Post a Comment