Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 12: heartbeat!

Yesterday Richard, Christian and I were able to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was difficult to hear behind my own, but absolutely amazing. Richard recorded it on his phone.

We tried to explain to Christian what a heartbeat was, but I don't think he understands.


He knows mommy has a baby in her tummy (Which he announced to the clinic receptionist and our doctor). He also understands he will have either a baby brother or sister (his preference changes daily along with what to name him/her).


So today, I have started to tell people the news. Why do I find it so hard to tell people I'm pregnant? It is wonderful news; so why do I feel like it so difficult to announce? Is it because there is no way to lead into the news? You just have to blurt it out. And while you know the person will most likely react positively, will be that you don't know how the person will react to such personal, wonderful news? I know I would be heartbroken if someone responded negatively to my pregnancy news.


I'm on my last few weeks of regular pants. I'm down to one pair of pants, one pair of khakis, and a handful of dress pants (which I find are little more forgiving).


I got a charley horse in my ring toe on my left foot today. That's right - a charley horse in my toe. I blame my pregnancy and my worn out shoes. I finally bought a pair of well needed black dress shoes and threw my old ones away. Hopefully that will be the only charley horse in my toes. It was rather uncomfortable and painful.



As you can see in my 12 week pictures, I have a little belly, but I just look fat. Agh. I hate this stage.

1 comment: