Monday, July 18, 2011

A Moment of Panic

After dropping Christian off at daycare, I got a call from my doctor's office. My last appointment with my beloved doctor was canceled due to a family emergency. I hope all is well my doctor and her family. But a moment of panic set in.
I was already shaken by this appointment. My last appointment with my doctor. I had a letter I planned on writing to my doctor and nurse telling them how fantastic they are and how lucky I have been. And how much I will miss them.
And I won't be able to say good-bye.
Tears welled in my eyes. I was going to scramble to get an appointment scheduled at my new doctor's office for next Monday - three weeks before I wanted to.
Then I realized if I can sneak my last appointment in Friday morning before my parents arrive, I'll be able to have my good-byes and take the damn glucose test.

So now I'm going to see my doctor before I move and I have all of today free. So I'm going to pack, pack, pack and then treat myself to Harry Potter.

My highly emotional pregnancy state mixed with last minute everything makes a huge deal out of the smallest inconvenience.

And I really hope my doctor's is okay and her family emergency is minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment