Thursday, March 3, 2011

Letting Richard in on the Secret

Christian and I sat side by side on the couch. I asked him, "Do you want a little brother or sister?" He smiles and says, "Uh-huh!". "How should we tell Daddy that a baby is coming?" Christian doesn't answer.
So I contemplate serving the positive pregnancy test with his dinner, but then I remember I peed on that stick and that's a little gross. How about putting it next to his fork while setting the table? But again, putting the pee stick anywhere near food seems just wrong. In the end, Christian and I practice a simple line.
When Richard walks through the garage door, on the phone with his brother, Christian stands up on the couch and leans over the railing and yells, "Daddy! Dadda!" Richard looks up at him. Christian says, "Mama have baby!" I lean over the railing next to Christian with a silly grin plastered on my face. Richard says, "What, buddy?" "Mama have baby!" Christian exclaims. A grin spreads over Richards face; he can't say much since he is on the phone. He asks to me, "Did he just say what I think he said?" I nod. Richard returns to the call, "Kenny, I have to call you back."

No comments:

Post a Comment