I love telling people I'm pregnant. It's so exciting. And such wonderful news you know the recipient of the news will be ecstatic (or at least you hope).
Christian and I decided on Thursday to go to Green Bay on Friday (3.4.11). I was so excited to tell my parents and I didn't think I could wait much longer. Friday night at Julie's Cafe, Christian exclaimed to Papa, "Mama have baby!" My dad, clearly confused, asked me what Christian said. So Christian says louder, "MAMA HAVE BABY!" Understanding spread across his face. He turned to me, "You're having a baby?" I nod. My mom looks at me, "You're having a baby?!!" Smiles and hugs follow along with a warning to my mom not to buy any girl's clothes.
Monday (3.7.11), Richard arranged for us to have dinner with his parents. After battling Christian to even leave the house, we arrived late to the restaurant. Richard and I kept whispering to Christian, "Tell Grandma what Mommy is having." Christian would shake his head or run away. After 45 minutes, Richard relented and said, "We're trying to get Christian to tell you we're having a baby." Richard's mom spreads the news like wildfire to both of his brothers. Richard scrambles to call everyone in his immediate family to make sure they know it is a secret.
Wednesday (3.16.11), I had been trying to call my sister for a week, but with her sporadic work schedule, it's nearly impossible to catch her. I finally caught up to her Wednesday night. Right away she asks me if there was a reason we went to Green Bay. Unable to hold back, I say, "Yes there was. You're going to be Aunt again." Classic Kim response, "You're knocked up?"
No comments:
Post a Comment